Is Your Site Worthy of Traffic?
Getting traffic traffic to a new site unsuccessfully is the biggest problem marketers face. However they usually failed at the previous step – getting their site ready for traffic. Here is a vital question:
- Have you actually built a site that deserves to rank and get traffic in the first place?
What value does your site provide to its visitors?
There is more to building a site than keyword research and keyword targeted articles at 3% density with the aim to getting people on and off your site as quickly as possible through an affiliate link or Adsense block.
If you are in this situation, you need to go one step back and follow the steps of this post before you even try to get traffic.
Go through these points and make sure they are not preventing your site from getting traffic.
- Have you picked the right niche with enough paying demand?
If you don’t have the right niche with paying demand, your efforts will not result in anything useful. YourExpiredDomains.com is about domains that have previously been deleted and showing how to build sites and make them profitable. There are over 100,000 domains registered every single day per DomainPunch, and 50,000 WordPress websites added daily per ExpandedRamblings.com, which is a large enough demand and potential market.
- Do you have a great domain name that is ready to rank?
Spammy domain names turn visitors away. Additionally, newly registered domains seem to have a limitation to rank, which could take up to 6 months.
- Do you know who your target audience is?
You need to know exactly who you are targeting. YourExpiredDomains.com targets individuals who are about to launch a WordPress blog and try to make money. What audience is your site targeting?
- Do you know where your target audience hangs out?
My audience is the best to catch on sites and Facebook groups regarding niche selection, internet marketing. And yours?
- What are the key topics for your site?
Even though my domain name has to do with expired domains, the key subjects of my site are expired domains, hosting, website traffic and monetizing. What about yours?
- Do you have a correctly worded tagline for your site?
It is the tagline that defines the subject of your site. If you look at my tagline, you will see that it expands the subjects that my site covers to those listed in the previous point, without the need to change my domain name. Is your tagline correct and thought through?
- Do you have an epic post for each subject?
You need to have an epic post for each subject your site covers. They need to be super-engaging so that people will want to sign up and return to your site.
- Are your menus set up to make your site’s best content available?
The set-up of WordPress buries your posts, therefore you need to include your best content in your menus to make them visible. Your menus should also align with your site’s subjects. Check out my menus as an example.
- Do you have an autoresponder set up with an opt-in freebie that is desirable?
Desirable means desirable from the viewpoint of your audience, NOT what you think is desirable. You need to go out and find out.
- Is your hosting ready for traffic or is it going to reach a limit?
You don’t want to start getting traffic and then run into your hosting limit. Be smart and plan ahead.
- If you look at your site with the eyes of your visitors, is it actually desirable with epic content?
If not, you have no chance. I spent a month just writing content for my site before even trying to get traffic.
- Do you have enough images/videos?
This is part of content, but it needs its own mention, as it is very important for your conversion. Pictures speak faster than text.
- Do you have a sales funnel set up?
Learn about sales funnels. They will help you make sure you don’t waste your hard-earned visitors.
- Go through all your titles and make them aggressive.
All newbies make this mistake. Your visitors will not sign up just because something is good. You need to be in their face. Look at headlines on other sites.
- Look at your opt-in page and make it irresistible.
Look at opt-in forms on top-ranking sites in any niche. Get ideas from these.
- Are your opt-in forms strategically located on your site?
Make sure your visitors are regularly reminded of signing up for your list.